Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gratitude Gifts Today

Going back in my journal to read what I've written each day for the last week and pondering Ann's words today, truly has re-membered me to Him again.  How can I write it and count it and then, just moments later, forget His goodness in my words and my actions?  I am yearning to live more in His image and I despair when I so easily forget.  

Lord, help me to center my heart and my thoughts on you and your grace - every minute of my day.


#4141 - #4176

- a sawhorse at the thrift shop
- winter clothes packed away
- crisp carrots sticks
- new shoes and sandals on sale
- a trip to the greenhouse



- words of wisdom in God's word

Psalm 139:13-14  For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 

- the safe arrival of beautiful Peyton Mae, a daughter for our son and his wife
- cuddling a tiny baby
- all her perfect little parts - long fingers, dark hair and tiny mouth 
- watching them as parents now
- the incredible miracle of God creating a little person

- picture frames
- wise authors
- text messages
- photos sent via text messages
- no school :)



- asparagus plant
- tea with a friend 
- making meals for a freezer
- greenhouse warmth for peppers
- books for babies

- clean dishes + empty counters
- woodpecker in a tree
- rose buds growing
- childhood memories
- photos in an album

- that my parents bought so many of the yearly school photos
- taco chips and red pepper hummus
- safe travel
- long rows planted in the garden
- fabric for projects




- knowing that God has it all covered
- hearing His voice during worship
- His reminder to ABIDE in Him
- that He makes seeds to grow each springtime


2 comments:

  1. Happy to "meet" you via Ann's. Thanks for your kind encouragement on my post. Also, congrats on the new grandbaby! I have 3 granddaughters and one grandson. I love being a nana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS again, Grandma :) :) So happy to hear every time your family grows xoxo

    ReplyDelete