Friday, May 18, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  I  am the proud owner of some asparagus that I am going to plant in a corner of our garden tomorrow.  A friend found some at a greenhouse and was kind enough to bring me a pot full too.  (Thanks, T!)  I must research more about it but I do know that it takes a long time to establish itself and I won't be able to pick it for at least a few years.

2.  The weather has taken a nose-dive and we are back to cold winds and +12 C for a daytime high.  I hope it doesn't freeze because all the apple trees and saskatoon bushes are blooming and frost would be disastrous.

3.  This week Alberta Health Services released this flash mob video promoting hand washing.  It's filmed in front of the University of Alberta Hospital in Edmonton.  Enjoy -feel free to pass the link along -  and remember to wash your hands :))



4.  I had a busy day cooking in the kitchen:  Vegetarian Pizza with Cauliflower Crust, Sweet Potato Burgers, Beef Burgers, and Quinoa Mac 'n Cheese.   On the agenda for tomorrow:  Banana Bread, Hashbrown Casserole, Chicken Lasagne and Asian Chicken Noodle Soup.  All my contributions to a little freezer-stocking-up project :)

5.  Tomorrow needs to be a "plant the garden" day!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your garden and your asparagus-- don't be too sure it won't yield in the next year; it could surprise you.

    I've seen that special pizza recipe, too. Haven't made it as yet-- but all my pizzas are veg, as I'm a veghead.

    Peace, Mari

    ReplyDelete