Friday, March 30, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  Spring is coming and there are beautiful flowers in so many special spots to see!


These are at the Keukenhof Gardens in Holland.  Someday I want to visit and see it for myself.

2.  While I'm on the topic of gardens (!), I went to a video conference class on "Environmentally Friendly Gardens" this week.  The instructor was an entomology professor from Olds College and really knew about beneficial bugs and how to encourage them in your yard.  The next one is "Growing Vegetables for Our Short Season" and I'm definitely going.

3.  I'm going to attempt to recreate this centerpiece.  I even have the perfect container - rescued from a box that Naomi was sending to the thrift store :) and I got 5 dozen eggs from our local chicken farmer yesterday so I am set.



4.   I've managed to sneak in a little sewing this week - it's a special project that I'm giving away so I can't show you yet :)  Think spring and colorful!

5.  I filled an empty plastic container (that once upon a time held salad greens from the produce department) with seedling starter and sprinkled some lettuce seed over the top on Monday.  Then I watered it, replaced the lid and put it in a sunny window.  Today it looks like nearly every seed has sprouted and I'm hoping to have some baby leaf lettuce soon.  I'll cut it back and hopefully it will re-grow two or three times before the garden lettuce is ready.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment