Friday, March 23, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  I bought a package of beautiful Easter cards - and wrote out all 6 of them in one day!  Kelle at Enjoying the Small Things has an ongoing gig with Hallmark that encourages us to send happy thoughts and the women at (in)Courage do something very similar.   I adore getting pretty envelopes and cards in my mailbox, so I paid it forward.  Why don't you do the same today?

2.  The kiwifruit that I brought home from the store yesterday have "Product of Italy" written on the little labels.  I should have looked closer at the grocery store - that's an awful long way from my town - ouch!  And then I saw the label on the Bartlett pears - Australia!!  Oh, my - it was an exotic fruit week here.

3.  We've been eating grain-free lately and tonight I made Cinnamon Apple Scones using almond and coconut flours.  They. are. delicious!  Here's the recipe in case you're interested.

Apple Cinnamon Scones
(adapted from HealthHomeHappy.com)

1  1/2 cups almond flour
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 eggs
4 Tbsps. honey
1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
1 apple, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease a baking sheet with butter or coconut oil or line with parchment paper.  Mix all ingredients well,  Fold in apple.  Drop 1/4 cup of dough onto the baking sheet, shape into triangles.  Bake 15 minutes.

Notes:
- I made the almond flour and coconut flour using my blender.  You just have to be careful not to overprocess or you'll end up with almond buter!
- I grated my peeled apple and it mixed up very nicely.
- I baked mine for 17 minutes and then cooled them for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before cooling on a wire rack.
- Mine are round - I didn't make them into triangles.
- Yield:  9 scones, 3" rounds.

Enjoy!!

4.  It snowed more than 6 inches this afternoon!  We are back in a winter wonderland and the roads could be very interesting in the morning.  Spring equinox??  I guess the memo didn't make it to Mother Nature!



5.  I've done some creating this week - but I can't show you yet!  Let's just say it involves babies :))

No comments:

Post a Comment