Saturday, September 24, 2011

Five on Friday

1.  The weather this week has been so gorgeous that I just had to pump up the tires on my bike and go for a ride along the lake yesterday.  When I drove home, this is what it looked like going up our road.  The leaves have really changed color now and the sun was at that perfect point in the western sky to give a beautiful warm hue to everything.



2.  After breaking my glasses nearly three weeks ago, I finally have new ones to wear!

3.  Today was the day to make beet relish - it's going to be so good on the deep, dark days of winter.

4.  If you are looking for home decor projects that you can sew, the Sew4Home site is amazing!

(photo from Sew4Home)

5.  Do you have some apples that need to be taken care of?  Then you should try this Apple Pie Filling In A Jar.  Naomi gave me some two years ago and it is absolutely delicious!  It's still on my to-do list for this year.

(photo from Skip to My Lou.org)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That apple pie filling looks delicious. We went out to a country market today and bought a bucket of apples, which we'll probably eat. But I'm hoping we go apple-picking in the next few weeks and I can make applesauce and maybe give this a try. Just finished up the tomatoes tonight. Love the fall harvest and hearing how you're using it all.

    ReplyDelete