Thursday, January 06, 2011

A Little Treat

My friend Lisa told me about a quilt shop that was close to Fairmont so the day we left I stopped by for a quick look.  It was an absolutely gorgeous shop with wonderful samples hanging everywhere!  I was in awe!


Everything in the store was on sale - how convenient!!  So I got a selection of Christmas flannels that will make a wonderful quilt,


a kit for a Christmas runner,


2 stacks of fat quarters for nothing particular yet (the color is off in this photo - it's really a combination of orange, green and tan),


and a Christmas idea book for inspiration.


Purcell Mountain Quilting Co. was a great quilt shop - I'll definitely be going back next time we are in the area!!

5 comments:

  1. The quilts are gorgeous, and I love the fabrics you chose. I'm curious about the ideas in the book. I'm going to pick up my machine and supplies from Rafuses tomorrow and hopefully get a few little things done in the next few months. I'd also better find that Amanda Soule book and check out her ideas. Getting four sewing projects gone this year is one of my goals for 2011. Time to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! I'm "sew" glad you found the shop! Wasn't it wonderful? I spent a lot of money in there but that was hubby's treat to me so I indulged a little ☺
    Can't wait to see what you will make with you goodies ~ have fun! Sounds like next week will be a great time to sew while the temps drop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:45 PM

    I'm so glad you were able to stop - next time I want to come with you. Love what you purchased and thank you for my treat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great haul - and you can start on things for next Christmas now! I got so many lovely comments from IRL friends on my Christmas bunting, that I have cut out dozens of triangles and will make them up in the next few days to have ready for gifts next Christmas. And my sister suggested making red and whie bunting (very Canadian!)for the rest of winter for my kitchen because it looks so good. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I want to go to that shop too.....

    ReplyDelete