Monday, September 27, 2010

Gratitude Gifts Today

It is good to give thanks for every little thing in every day.  For in the noticing, I am reminded of the Giver and how much He loves me.  And I am reminded to share every little thing, from a moment of my time to a smile to what I have, with those that I meet each day.


So on a beautiful, sunny autumn day, surrounded by vibrant colors, my list grows.


- gathering with women


- celebrating a marriage that is coming


- hearing stories


- grieving for friends who have suffered a sudden loss


- extended family


- birthdays


- cakes!


- the colors of autumn






- leaves in all shapes and sizes


- harvesting of garden produce


- good surprises when the roots are pulled up


- sound of geese honking


- funny blog posts that make me laugh out loud


- time for bike riding


- checking items off the to-do list


- smell of fresh apple cranberry muffins


- surprise and delight at seeing the apple tree leaves completely yellow today


- crunch of leaves under my bike tires






- leaves floating and flying like little birds


- time to take pictures


- simple suppers


- piles of fabric squares


- cool, clear water to drink


- advice from my children


- flowers still blooming


- the gift of a son and daughters


- reminders of lessons from God in Sunday sermons


- this peaceful life that He has given me




holy experience

2 comments:

  1. I always love your gracious heart, Crystal :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:33 PM

    I love reading your list each week. The earth is full of the most beautiful, vibrant colours right now, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete