Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Cooking Challenge #5



Next recipe from the Food.com Top 25 List that I tried was KFC Coleslaw - and it tastes just like the real thing!  


Cooking notes:
- this is definitely the right time of year for this recipe with cabbage and carrots being so available.
- I love that this keeps in the fridge for several days - like almost a week and it still tasted crisp and fresh.
- this packs into lunches really well, whether it's for a picnic or to take to school.
- I used my food processor to do all the chopping.  It was a bit messy because of the way the spout is (small!) on my machine but it was quick.
- you can adjust the amount of onion to suit your taste
- for busy families, this is a great recipe!


1 comment:

  1. Yum! It looks delicious. We found out there's a farmer's market in Chester on Friday afternoons, so I'm heading down tomorrow to see what I can find. If I can't find cabbage and carrots there I'll definitely pick some up in the valley next weekend when we're on our mini-vacation. Thanks for ideas. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete