Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cooking Challenge #2

If you are looking for a scrumptious, easy to make cookie recipe, here it is!!

Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious with a crusty edge and soft center!



Cooking notes:
- I made the dough in the morning and then chilled it, baking the cookies after supper.
- This is the first cookie recipe I've seen that calls for the baking sheets to be chilled too.  I imagine that it's to prevent the dough from getting soft.  I just popped the pan into the fridge to cool it down again, before putting another batch of cookies on it.
- Next time I would use 2 tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon to roll the balls in.  I have lots of that mixture left over.
- Mine needed exactly 10 minutes to bake through.  Removing them at 9 minutes resulted in cookies that were slightly under baked and very soft.
- My yield was 5 dozen cookies.
- I'm adding these to my Christmas cookie repertoire - they are like cinnamon coated shortbread!


Next up: Grilled Chicken Breast with Barbecue Glaze (marinating now)

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, I can smell them baking. I love your dish they're on, too. That's my china pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellisha has decided to use her, what once was, netball training evenings (now that the season is over) as an opportunity to update/extend/revitalise and learn some baking/cooking/creating culinary skills before her wedding next March. We considered copying Julia Childs but realised her staying power wasn't quite ready. We might just follow your challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:34 PM

    these sound good. i wonder how they would be gluten-free. yum!

    ReplyDelete