Thursday, July 22, 2010

Today

Marta at the dear diary stories makes these wonderful mini-diaries and I asked her if I could use the journaling ideas for a blog post.  I am delighted that she graciously agreed - I know I'm going to enjoy using these every so often.  Thanks, M!!


Today
July 21, 2010

I love the smell
of oatmeal crispie cookies fresh from the oven.

I love the sound
of birds chattering in the trees outside the window.

I love the taste
of  the first new red potatoes, 
smothered in cream with dill.

I love the sight
of heavy scarlet raspberries 
hanging under the green leaves
waiting to be picked.

I love the sight
of fresh washed fruits,
home from the market, 
plump and juicy.

I love the feel
of bread dough as I shape it into a loaf
and slip it into the pan to rise.

(in all their unfocussed glory!)

No comments:

Post a Comment