Friday, July 16, 2010

Simple Woman #95


For Today . . .  July 16, 2010


Outside my window . . . it's raining again!  We've had over 4" this week!  Historically, once it starts raining in our area, every cloud bursts open and a downpour results.   We've had enough for this week and could use some sunshine now, please!  



I am thankful . . . for time spent with friends and family.

And I also am thankful . . . for serious conversations and heartfelt sharing.

I am praying . . . that God will go ahead and prepare the way, just as He's promised.

I am thinking . . .  about all the hay that's been cut down and rained on, over and over, this week.

I am creating . . .   a layout of Blake, our youngest grandson with the most winsome smile, and the one who has fewest layouts in my books.

I am celebrating . . . my Mom and Dad's 56th wedding anniversary today.  I teased Dad that he was celebrating by sending Mom away and he just chuckled :)

From the kitchen . . .  Eggs In A Frame (the very first thing I ever learned to cook in Home Ec class in grade 7) - and I don't think I'm cooking for supper :)

I am wearing . . .  jeans, a green sweater and my fleece jacket!  I know - in July - but it's a rainy day and our furnace is turned way, way down.

I am reading . . .  John 10: 14 "I am the good shepherd: I know my sheep and my sheep know me"
                          "On Every Side" by Karen Kingsbury - a clash between human rights and personal freedoms pits the members of a community against each other.

I am hoping . . .  to visit some of our family this weekend.

I am hearing . . .  thunder as the clouds gather again.

I am going . . . to get our bedroom purged by the end of the summer - stage 2 is underway!

Around the house and yard . . .  a very, very wet garden, wind-whipped flowers, soggy lawn (which thankfully I mowed on the one dry day we had this week) and puddles everywhere.


You can see the water gathered in the cucumber rows but it soaked in very quickly.  I hope they can handle this moisture.

One of my favourite things . . .  Super Blueberry Lemon Muffins from The Best of Bridge cookbook series.



A few plans for the rest of the week . . .  some visiting this weekend and hopefully silage to make next week when the weather clears.

A quote for today . . .  



If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it.
Jonathan Winters

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . . crabapples growing on our tree.  In another month they should be ready to eat :)


4 comments:

  1. You really are getting lots of heavy rain this week. Your picture shows it perfectly. Would you train the rain for our humidity? ;)
    I made a really simple spinach and tomato pasta dish for supper so I wouldn't have to be in the kitchen much. Samuel had a cheese, avocado and tomato sandwich. Maybe I should try egg in a frame for him.
    Happy creating. I actually pulled my bin out this afternoon to sort through my supplies and share what I'm not using with friends here. It did stir-up some desire to create a few pages, and get an album started of Samuel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you come cook at my house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:47 PM

    I can't get over the rain you guys are having! Wow. I hope it dries up soon.

    ReplyDelete