Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to this important man in my life.


My Dad and Mom with their youngest granddaughters

10 Things to Know About My Dad

1.  He is a man of faith and he lives it every day.

2.  He is a farmer to the very core.

3.  He loves kids - especially his grandkids and great-grandkids.

4.  He's a community minded person who has served countless hours volunteering.

5.  He has lots of green machinery - and even buys green (as in John Deere green) bicycles.

6.  He has a great big sweet tooth - and would have pie for dessert at every meal if he could, I think!

7.  He's really curious and is always asking questions and learning more about everything.

8.  He was crazy about playing softball for years and years.

9.  He's always got candies or nuts squirreled away for treats.

10.  He has lots of little sayings that he lives by.  Sayings like "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" and "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right" and "Practice makes perfect" - and he passed those on to his kids.

 I'm really proud that he's my Dad.  

1 comment:

  1. You do have a great dad, and I a great grandpa. Thanks for sharing tidbits and qualities you love about him, new ones and the ones I recognize, too.

    ReplyDelete