Monday, May 31, 2010

Simple Woman #90


For Today . . .  May 31, 2010



Outside my window . . . perhaps, just perhaps, warm weather has returned to our corner of the universe!  It was cool and rainy this morning but the day is ending with sunshine and +12 degree C temperatures.  The forecast is for clearing skies and frost (!) tonight with a high of +17 tomorrow.  Hopefully we have seen the last of the snow for at least 2 months!!

I am thankful . . . for so much goodness in health, relationships, food, peace, and joy - all gifts from my Heavenly Father.

And I also am thankful . . .  for all the moisture that has come to our area in the last few weeks.

I am praying . . . for our son-in-law and daughter who will celebrate their 11th anniversary this week. 

I am thinking . . .  about birthday gifts - June is a busy month in our family!

I am creating . . . 
  some surprise gifts :))

I am celebrating . . . our daughter-in-law Kelsey's birthday later this week.

From the kitchen . . .  not much!  Spiral Pasta in Cheese Sauce, Grilled Pork Chops, kernel corn, sauteed cabbage and cucumber slices for supper.

I am wearing . . .  brown dress pants, brown tshirt, green sweater, floral scarf and brown shoes. 

I am reading . . .  Luke 20 - The Last Supper
                          Shanghai Girls by Lisa See - on hold for now
                          The Help by Kathleen Stockett - "Set in Mississippi during a time when possibilities for women were very different than they are today, Skeeter, Aibileen and Minny come together for a clandestine project that will put them all at risk.  Why?  Because they are suffocating within the lines that define their town and their times.  And sometimes lines are made to be crossed."  It's a very, very good read - I'm only on page 100 but I recommend it already.  This is our book club read for June.

I am hoping . . . to finish the garden planting this week.

I am hearing . . .  the second game in the Stanley Cup playoffs - Chicago just defeated Philadelphia - 2-0.

I am going . . . for a walk as the sun goes down. 

Around the house and yard . . .  still covering and moving plants around, dandelions blooming on the lawn, lilacs blooming and perfuming the yard.

One of my favourite things . . .  spring and summer blossoms. 

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . 3 more days of subbing, a whole province Health Advisory Council meeting, and a retirement party at which my friend will be honoured. 

A quote for today . . .  

When people asked how old she was, she would say 1009365, 
more or less, because she was so glad to be alive that she counted every day a birthday.
She had some disagreement from her knees about the actual figures though. . .
(Storypeople.com)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . .  . Meadow has learned to ride her two-wheeled bike without training wheels and is on the move now!  She is so cute pedaling along!  The other day she rode for 5 km alongside Naomi who was running.  For her 4th birthday, her great-grampa gave her a John Deere bike - with handbrakes!!!   She is thrilled but will have to wait a bit before she can reach the pedals.  



1 comment:

  1. that is the cutest photo of Meadow on her bike!

    we can't wait for the warmer weather here too!

    ReplyDelete