Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Hands 
by Theresa Bratko

Mother's hands were never idle
Through the passing years,
Cooking, cleaning, mending,
Or drying children's tears.

With never a complaint or fuss
Over endless chores to do,
She always met each morning
With energy forever new.

Years of hard work tell a story -
Now her hands are veined and blue.
Stubborn fingers won't respond
To tasks they were accustomed to.

Time, quite a demanding thief,
Suddenly forces one to rest.
Yet, for years of serving others,
I'm very sure her soul is blessed!


4 comments:

  1. That was a really beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poem is so perfectly appropriate for your Mom. I hope your day was happy, Mom! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem! I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete