Monday, January 25, 2010

Simple Woman #73





For Today . . . January 25, 2010

Outside my window . . .  winter is back!  It snowed a few inches this weekend and the ice is now covered with a fluffy white blanket.  The temperature was -12 degrees C and it was a dull, grey day.  I left for school before the sun was up and the car lights made the snow crystals sparkle.

I am thankful . . .   for groceries to replace the empty containers and spaces.

And I also am thankful . . .  for safety while driving on winter roads. 


I am praying . . .  
for the people of Haiti as they try to recover and move on after the last 2 weeks of chaos and heartbreak.  I'm also praying for the relief organizations who are trying to quickly and efficiently distribute food, water and supplies.


I am thinking . . .   about pictures I want to uphold, print and hang in our home.


I am creating . . . 
 order out of chaos in the basement :)


I am celebrating . . .
  my aunt's and Bob's sister's birthdays yesterday.



From the kitchen . . . I was working today so it was leftover Spanish Rice for lunch.  For supper we had baked salmon with peach chutney, perogies, and tossed lettuce salad.





 I am wearing . . .brown cords, brown turtleneck sweater, beige sweater vest, brown loafers and topaz earrings from Krakow, Poland.


I am reading . . . Matthew 18 - Unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the Kingdom of heaven. . . . Whoever welcomes in my name one such child, as this welcomes me.  Earlier I saw a news item on a local family who just welcomed their 2 adopted Haitian children - God's words in action, for sure!


I am hoping . . .  that the paperwork waiting will do itself :)))

I am hearing . . .  the whistle from my new electric kettle - our old one started leaking and died last week.



I am going . . .  to finish the dishes as soon as this is done.

Around the house and yard . . .
 not too much on the go this week.


One of my favourite things . . .
 phone calls to our family. 


A few plans for the rest of the week . . .  
2 more days of subbing, pyjamas to sew, friends for supper, Bible study, and our church's annual meeting.  


Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . . my fabric for the "On the Road to Spring Quilt-Along" coordinated by Randi at I Have to Say.  She is also the owner of Fresh Squeezed Fabrics.  Come over and join us!






You can join in by reading Peggy's Simple Woman Daybook and then writing your own post.

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric; great colours. Just when you think the chill of winter has begun to dwindle she starts up again, doesn't she? We had pouring rain here all day yesterday (it was an indoor day).
    Have a great week, and here's hoping that paperwork does itself and the basement become magically clean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely spring fabric! Your weather sounds like the weather here, and it is snowing as I speak. I am now off to watch the tennis and crochet some Granny squares. Thank heavens we love creating! marge has ordered herself a cuttlebug, and its arrival is eagerly awaited. Complete with accessories! Play time soon!

    ReplyDelete