Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Best of 2009

I'm still working on my review of 2009, as outlined by Gwen Bell - I will get this completed, I promise myself!

December 19 - Car ride  
What did you see? How did it smell? Did you eat anything as you drove there? Who were you with?


Our car ride of the year was the 4000 km ride while on safari in Kenya and Tanzania.  Clarence and Sandra and Albert and Iris were great companions for a once in a lifetime ride in a totally unique vehicle with an amazing driver / guide.  








I love this picture of Chris and Bob in the Ngorongoro Crater with the zebras grazing in the background.

On this drive we saw things we will never see again!  The quantity of mammals living undisturbed in the wild and the photo opportunities we had were unbelievable.  We saw everything from the largest slum in Nairobi (as we drove by) to a Masai village to shopping center towns in the middle of nowhere.  And we saw more than enough rocks and bounced over some very rough roads!!





3 comments:

  1. I'm sure this is a drive you'll never forget for so many reasons, and that there aren't many other drives you've been on that would compare with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome experience you had in Africa! Memories that will be with you forever! I don't think there will be many other drives that could possibly top this one! I think that our Safari in South Africa would be one of our most memorable drives as well, although there are some pretty crazy driving stories in other countries that are memorable because I thought my life would end! :o)

    ReplyDelete