Monday, December 21, 2009

Simple Woman #68









For Today . . . December 21, 2009



Outside my window. . . more snow!  It was snowing early this morning and it's continued all day.  The roads were already heavy and this will bring the snowplows out again!  
The temperature is -12 degrees C so it's definitely winter here.


I hope the weather and roads will improve so travelers can get safely home this weekend.












I am thankful . . . that God sent His son, Jesus, to bring His light into our world.

This was the theme at the children's Christmas concert and a choir concert yesterday.  


It is true indeed!







And I am also thankful . . . for traditions that make the celebrations rich with memories and the lingering of those loved ones who are gone to Heaven.
I've thought of my grandparents so often over the course of this Advent.


I am praying . . .  that I will live in the light of Christ, even when Christmas is past.
And that my actions will be his hands and feet here, in this time and this place.


I am thinking . . . about some games to play when our small group meets at our house tonight.
And the charity I want to name for our giving tonight. 
I got the idea right here!


I am creating . . . more pages in my December Daily album.  
Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share tomorrow :)


I am celebrating . . .  with songs in my heart.


From the kitchen . . . Hot 'N Spicy Wings, Shrimp with Seafood Sauce, Quiche Tarts,
Pinecone Spread with Crackers, Hummus and Tortilla Chips,
homemade Carrot and Cucumber Dill Pickles,
Vegetable Tray with Dip
Poppycock and Assorted Cookies.
(snacks for our little party tonight)


I am wearing . . . brown cords, brown long-sleeved tshirt, and a green fleece jacket.


I am reading . . . Star Bright by Andrew M. Greeley(a priest), 
a modern parable about an Irish American who falls in love with a Russian student
and takes her home for Christmas.  


I am hoping . . . to be ready for company in a few hours!


I am hearing . . .  Christmas carols.


Around the house and yard . . . still deeper snowdrifts!
Less dust as I've done some cleaning 
and our old furniture back into the living room.  
And the Christmas tree is gracing the living room :))


One of my favourite things . . . at night, turning all the lights off and sitting 
in the glow of  the Christmas tree.


A few plans for the rest of the week . . .  company tonight, some sewing to finish up,
lots and lots of wrapping to do, stockings to stuff, food to prepare, 
Christmas Eve candlelight service, and our family home for Christmas Day!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . . a little snippet of Christmas at our house.  There are even more cards now and I added a green tree and a green pillar candle.  





3 comments:

  1. Great list!! All the food sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you are enjoying the season to the max. I am, too!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm praying that i reflect His light too. i've been overcome with gratitude many times this season as i reflect on His gift.

    ReplyDelete