Thursday, December 10, 2009

Best of 2009


Today I stumbled across a new blog written by Gwen Bell and discovered that she's hosting the Best of 2009 blog challenge.    It's a look back at the year with specific questions for each day in December.  
I'm starting late so I'll try to do a few days at a time to catch up.  Please, please consider joining her community - the prompts are great.

December 1 - What was your best trip in 2009?  I had 3 wonderful out of province trips this year and each one was special.  In June I flew to Nova Scotia,  met Samuel and spent a week cuddling him and being pampered by our friends Linda and Edward.  In July we flew to New York City and spent another week with Samuel, Melinda and Tyler.  And then in October we spent a month in Africa - an amazing time in Kenya, Tanzania and Eqypt.  It was a very good year for travel :))

December 2 - Share the best restaurant moment of the year.  Hands down, it was the meals on the Nile Adventurer while we cruised in Eqypt.  De.li.cious!!  Sandra and I enjoyed every bite, I think, and we enjoyed the company of other travelers around the dinner table too.

December 3 - An article that you read and reference / talk about - From the November issue of Reader's Digest, an article on H1N1 and how to help your body stay strong and healthy.

December 4 - What book touched you?  From book club, I think it would be Still Alice (the story of a 50 yr. old woman who is struck with early onset Alzheimer's disease) by Lisa Genoa.  Heather read it and I passed it to my sister too.  I think of it often.




This is a great exercise in recall!!  Please let me know if you decide to join in.





1 comment:

  1. This is great Crystal. I think I'll jump on this and join in and catch up.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete