Monday, August 10, 2009

Simple Daybook 54


For Today . . . August 10, 2009

Outside my window. . . cloudy, cool and +20 degrees F - one of those coolish summer days.

I am thankful . . . for the opportunity to worship, be nourished and challenged in my faith community.

And I am also thankful . . . for phone calls with our children (I know I've said this before but it's still something I cherish).

I am praying . . . that all children enrolled in the Compassion program would be able to continue their education successfully, without worrying about having to go to work to help support their families.

I am thinking . . . how wonderful it was to see my best college friends again - even when the occasion was a celebration of life.

I am celebrating . . . my Mom's 76th and my Dad's 77th birthdays this week.

From the kitchen. . . oatmeal with saskatoons for breakfast, leftover borscht for lunch and a whole bunch of fresh garden veggies with steaks for supper. Oh, I guess I should mention the chocolate zucchini cake too!

I am wearing . . . black warmup pants, red tshirt and crocs.

I am reading . . . Fires in the Dark by Louise Doughty - a novel about Romany culture up to and during World War II

I am hoping . . . to write some letters and send off cards this week.

I am hearing . . . Amy Grant singing from Time Again

I am creating . . . an accordion folder scrapbook project with pictures from our Jasper camping trip.

Around the house and yard . . . Bob picked (what a help that was!) and I froze 5 pails of raspberries yesterday, 2 pails of saskatoons to put away today, cucumbers waiting to be pickled - the garden is in full production and the house is on hold!!

One of my favourite things . . . pictures of fruits, vegetables, trees and flowers.

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . staying ahead of the garden, picking strawberries (the last ones at the upick farm, I think), helping Bob with a silage making project, and hopefully getting down to help Heather with their packing.

Here is a
picture thought I am sharing with you . . . saskatoons hanging heavy and ripe on our 4 bushes. So far we've picked 5 ice cream pails full and I think there are 2 more to still pick. We have never seen so many huge berries as this year.





2 comments:

  1. You could have your own fruit/veggie market stand to sell all that delicious produce coming from your garden. I wish we were there to join in the picking and the tasting of it all. We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could be up there in the garden with you. I can't get over your saskatoons either - they are amazing and so good!

    ReplyDelete