Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"Summer School"


When I bought Photoshop Elements for my computer, I knew that I would have to do some serious learning to master anything with it.  There's alot the program can do and I really had no clue where to begin.  And then a few weeks ago, this digital guru, Jessica Sprague, offered a free online class to learn how to do some photo editting tricks and enhancements.  It was just what I needed to push me onto the learning curve!  And so here we are at day 3.  I've learned a few things like -


how to add frames -


and WordARt to pictures -

and how to use brushes - and change their colors too!!

But it's been like taking a university course again!  I have to watch her video tutorials 2 or 3 times, make notes to follow the steps, and then even search online for answers to some of my questions.  Computers are marvelous but if you don't know how or where to find little commands or processes, well - it can be a BIG source of frustration.  Last night about 1:30 a.m., I was feeling like somewhat of a dummy!  Luckily I wasn't the only one with the problem (such a good feeling when someone else is in the boat with you!!!!) and I managed to find someone who'd posted a help and I was finally able to master the technique.  

On to photo tinting today - wish me luck!!  I will succeed, I will succeed, I will succeed . . . 

This learning is definitely good for my brain - right?!?!?!

5 comments:

  1. they look awesome! love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go!! Those are great. I am needing to add PSE to my computer and learn a few new tricks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Crystal!! I would love to do this course too but will have to wait until we get some sort of reliable internet. The Aircard option doesn't work in my office :( Apparently they have new equipment coming in the Fall and we are slated to go on the new system so int he meantime my internet is VERY sporatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great...you photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete