Friday, June 19, 2009

A Day with Samuel

I thought some of you might like a detailed look at what's happening here with Mel and Samuel :))

12:30 a.m. - Fall asleep after Mom feeds me

3:30 a.m. - Wake up and eat

4:00 a.m. - Fall back asleep

7:00 a.m. - Feeding time

8:00 a.m. - Doze for a while in bed with Mom

9:00 a.m. - Snack time

9:45 a.m. - Come to Gramma's room

10:00 a.m. - Fall asleep on Gramma's chest

10:45 a.m. - Lay down on Gramma's bed after Mommy tells Gramma I should learn to sleep on my own.  Gramma reluctantly agrees with her.  Listen to music on Gramma's laptop while I'm sleeping - I love music.

11:15 a.m. - Wake up, move to Mommy's bed and eat again.  


11:30 a.m. - Stretch and smile at Mommy while she talks to Auntie Abby on the phone.


11:35 a.m. - Scowl and frown at Mommy and Gramma while they try to get me to smile for the video.  They keep recording anyway but quit when I make alot of noises and they realize it's time for a clean diaper.

11:45 a.m. - Get dressed and swaddled - I've just been napping in bits and pieces this morning so Mommy says it's time for a long nap.  



11:50 a.m. - I'm in my bassinet with the laptop playing "For the Kids Too" from Mommy's friend, Kim.  I fall asleep to the sound of kids dancing and singing along to  the action music.  Mommy says the more upbeat the music is, the more I like it - she's right!

12:30 p.m.  - Everyone's downstairs getting ready for lunch and it's way too lonely upstairs so I cry to come down - and of course Mommy rescues me!  She holds me for awhile as she's eating her salad and casserole - she doesn't even spill on me this time!  Pretty soon I'm asleep again and she puts me down on the living room floor.  


1:45 p.m. - Wow - I slept a very long time!  Everyone is quite impressed with me :))  But I'm starving so Mom feeds me again.  I'm kind of noisy when I eat but it's so good!  Mommy changes me part way through - my chin and shoulder are all drippy with spilled milk.  

2:30 p.m. - I'm in my car seat and we're off to do some errands and go for a walk.  The sun is still shining even though the weatherman predicted rain today.  Gramma loves the ocean so we are going down to the shore.  


3:30 p.m. - I'm sound asleep in the carseat so Mommy carries me to a few places around Mahone Bay.  Mommy and Gramma get tea to drink, buy some pewter things and check out a shoe store.   We also go to Jo-Anne's market where Gramma Linda is going to start working after we go to New York.  It's a pretty nice place where they sell plants, gourmet foods, and vegetables.  


5:00 p.m. - When we get to Bridgewater, I'm hungry again so Mommy feeds me while Gramma picks up a few things at the Superstore.  She asks about getting my passport picture taken but I just go back to sleep - so they can't do it again.  This plan is not working out at all!!


6:00 p.m. - We arrive back in Chester and Gramma goes for a pedicure.  Mommy puts me in the Baby Bjorn and we walk home, past Grampa Green's where we stop to say "Hi".  They are just heading to the Cancer Relay for Life at the high school track.  Mommy and I walk about 2 km and I'm hungry when we get home.

7:00 p.m. - Mommy feeds me again.  Does that seem like the only thing she does all day long?!!

7:30 p.m. - Gramma gets home while Mommy is talking to Daddy on the phone so she takes me and heats up leftovers for their supper.  I doze in Gramma's lap while they eat supper.   Grampa Edward and Gramma Linda went to Halifax for supper tonight.  It's pretty quiet around the house without them. 

8:20 p.m. - Mommy goes to have a nap so I hang out with Gramma.  I nap, fuss, nap, fuss so she sings me songs, walks me around the house and tries to keep me happy.  

9:15 p.m. - I'm hungry so Gramma warms up a bottle of Mommy's milk and I gulp it down.  I'm kind of restless while I eat and my chin gets pretty wet.  

9:45 p.m. - This is my fussy time and I'm not feeling so great tonight.  My tummy hurts and Mommy gives me some gripe water.  That helps alot so I have a quick nap.

10:20 p.m. - I'm awake again and I'm crying now.  My little legs are kicking and I'm trying to get comfortable.

10:45 p.m. - Mommy takes me upstairs and we start our nightly time together.  I don't quite know what I want and so Mommy and Gramma take turns walking with me.  I have a couple of cat naps but whenever they want to put me in the bassinet, I wake up and fuss again.

11:15 p.m. - Mommy thinks I might be hungry so she feeds me.  But I don't eat much.  

11:50 a.m. - More gripe water.

12:00 a.m.  - I'm crying alot tonight.

12:20 a.m. - I'm really tired and when I  start dozing off, Mommy lays down in bed with me.   We both finally fall asleep with pillows propped around us.  It's been a long and tiring evening, for all of us!  I think Mommy hopes I'll sleep a very long time - we'll see :))




3 comments:

  1. this is awesome! i love how you mapped out his day. it would make a perfect scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous photos you have of Samuel; I love baby shoulders, and he has such a sweet little face! Enjoy your time on the east coast. It sounds (and looks) beautiful. Just think, you could be writing report cards right now!!

    ReplyDelete