Thursday, March 05, 2009

Creating

I'm finally on the last week of the Design Your Life class assignments!  It's been my focus for so long that I'm starting to wonder what I will do in the studio after these projects are all finished.  This week our assignment was to take some favourite previously used ideas from class and rework/modify them to use on new pages.  One of Cathy Zielske's pieces of wisdom is to take ideas that you love and reuse them instead of trying to think of brand new ideas for every single layout.   I don't consciously do this very often but I definitely like the ideas.  

So - remember this layout from the very first week of class?


Here it is again, with just a few alterations.  I love this design for random one photo layouts.  This picture has been on my desk for about 18 months and it was good to find a home for it.


That's all I've done this week, in between subbing, shopping and playdates.  More to come soon, I hope!

4 comments:

  1. How is the outfit coming for the wedding? Let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me with how much you get done.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great. Silas looks so tiny and sweet in that photo. Do they really grow that fast? I can't wait to see the finished product when I come to visit.
    I haven't done much lately even though my stuff is still sitting out on the table. I need to get at it again. Time is running out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great layouts! i love seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete