Monday, February 09, 2009

Simple Daybook #28


For Today . . . February 9, 2009

Outside my window . . . sun shining, calm and  +5 C with cooler weather and flurries predicted for the next few days

I am thinking . . . about Melinda at home at night while Tyler is working at the hospital and about Helayna who seems to have croup

I am thankful . . . that God's love surrounds each of us, no matter how broken or tired or sinful we have been, each and every moment of every day

From the kitchen  . . . Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto, Orange Almond Salad, and Cranberry Pecan Muffins 

I am wearing . . .workout clothes because I'm going on the treadmill as soon as this is finished

I am reading . . . Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum.  For book club, it's the story of a mother and daughter who came to live in Minnesota after being liberated by an American soldier and after 50 years, the daughter begins to investigate her mother's life.  

I am hoping . . . to do some sewing this evening (I found the cutest material last week!)

I am hearing . . . Call on Jesus by Nicole C. Mullen - I love that song!!

I am creating . . .  some Valentine cards and treats

Around the house . . . some old wedding pictures that Kelsey's asked for, cards to mail, Naomi's sewing machine ready to return to her after I fixed a little tension problem, and the treadmill - waiting!

One of my favourite things . . . juicy grapefruit

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . another day and a half of subbing, playdate with Meadow (I think we're going to make cookies), Bible study, going to Airdrie to see Helayna, Silas, Heather and Jonathan, making cookies with Helayna too, helping Kelsey with some wedding things on the weekend, Family Day holiday in Alberta next Monday

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . . rows of hay bales stacked for feeding this winter


There are lots of daybooks to check out over at Peggy's Simple Woman Daybook blog.

2 comments:

  1. Did you get to the treadmill? I can tell it was an important part of your evening. ;) I'm glad you're both finding it so useful.
    I pulled out my supplies and have a LO almost done, just the finishing touches to put on.
    Oh, can you send me the red pepper pesto recipe please? I'd love to try it. Enjoy your week and weekend. Sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Orange Almond Salad sounds yummy, especially on this dreary day.

    We are so looking forward to your visit later this week!

    Hope the rest of your week goes well. And keep getting on the treadmill - it's worth it! I keep reminding myself of that every day I have to go out for a run. :)

    ReplyDelete