Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Creating

Week 11 in Design Your Life - Just My Type - how to use the element of fonts effectively.


But first the Real World  Color Challenge - use the colors of Punch Pizza in St. Paul, MN but I only picked up the pink - purple elements.  I used chipboard letters and a font that matched so it unifies the layout.   This is a favourite picture of Na and Jerry from 2004.



Sketch #1 - create a simple, elegant layout with strong type - use 1 font for title and journalling.  


And sketch #1 repeated - with the other granddaughter!


Sketch #2 - Create a layout featuring type contrast.  I used rub-on letters for the title and handwriting for the journal piece.  This is a self-portrait that our beautiful niece did of herself.

And once again, I love my creations!!

1 comment:

  1. They're great!! I love the one of the granddaughters. You put things together so quickly. I haven't been at my table this week, but hopefully tomorrow. I have to call and tell you about my Dr. appointment yesterday. It was interesting.

    ReplyDelete