Monday, January 19, 2009

Simple Daybook #25

For Today . . . January 19, 2008

Outside my window . . . bright blue sky with the sun shining and the snow melting - doesn't seem like January at all!  Sadly, this too shall pass!

I am thinking  . . . that I should bake a loaf of bread and do something with my afternoon

I am thankful that  . . . we are having a reprieve from winter, that I have food in the freezer, and that our phone plan is very cheap for North American calling :))

From the kitchen  . . . Teriyaki Pork Chops (with a very old and very good recipe from my friend DMB!), Risotto, a crisp fresh salad and maybe Brownies

I am wearing . . . navy blue cords, a white sweater set, a favourite set of hoop earrings and black shoes

I am reading . . . Where the River Ends by Charles Martin ( A gift from my sister, it's a sad story about a man whose wife is dying and he sets off with her on a river journey, one of the things on her list that she wants to accomplish before she dies.)

I am hoping . . . to finish my December Daily album today - I've loved recording the details of one of my favourite months but I want to be done already

I am hearing . . . the hum of the humidifier in the hallway

I am creating . . . a summary layout of 2008, based on this one by Heather

Around the house . . . beds to remake after laundering all the sheets, some fabric and a pattern waiting to be cut out, a list of things to do in the city later this week, and bananas thawing, waiting for me to make muffins for Meadow (she's decided to call me Muffin Lady and phoned to request these on Saturday!  I'm going to bake them in the mini muffin tins - perfect for little hands!)

One of my favourite things . . . Pastor Dan's sermons - yesterday he preached about David and Saul, jealousy and letting go, leaving the judging to God and trusting completely that God's plan will be accomplished when He wants it to be.  And in the introduction, he spoke about his grandmother's Bible, her devotion to study and said "Why do we have to discipline ourselves to read God's word when it's so interesting, the stories are so real and the messages are for us?"  Good question!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . a day with Meadow, more subbing, an appointment in Edmonton and a trip to the fabric store, Bible study and some creating with my sewing machine and in the studio

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you . . . my garden fountain with ice and water in it.


Be sure to visit The Simple Woman to see what other Monday's are shaping up like.

3 comments:

  1. I bet I know what kind of muffins the Muffin Lady is making ;) I made muffins for them once, but they were cornmeal ones and Meadow was so disappointed they weren't sweet like Grandma's. It made me laugh.
    Sounds like you're enjoying a day at home. You must have sent the snow and cold our way because it was a very cold weekend and we've had snow the last two days, but not too much. Have a great week. I hope we connect in the next few days. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glimpses we get of your day, Crystal. Good idea re the small muffins too for the little ones. It has become very cold again, after a couple of days of warmer weather. I see a hard frost already on the cars. Sigh. I just want to be warm a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering what you are creating with the fabric and the sewing machine - hmmm!

    If by any chance it is a quilt - stick with squares - trust me - stick with squares :)

    What a beautiful fountain - and it's in your front yard - wow!

    I know I keep mentioning your photos - but - are you, or where you ever a professional?

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete