Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Random-ness and Tags

A long time ago, Jill and Melinda both tagged me in the "Random Things" meme.  I've left it on the back burner for long enough!  In no particular order are some things I think you might not know about me :))

1.  I wish I had learned to play guitar and to swim.  I think both of these are life skills but it just never worked for me to do them as a child.  I know that my lack of skills has made me encourage my own children especially in taking swimming lessons.  

2.  I am quite particular about how things are put in the dishwasher and in the cupboards.  Every cup has it's spot and even the cutlery is sorted into sections in the basket before I turn it on to wash.  Once they are clean, the cupboards are arranged by color or size.  My girls will confirm this and it's strange, I know!

3.  Contrary to popular belief for most people, milk is the best thing for me to drink when I'm feeling nauseous.  

4.  My Bachelor of Education degree is in secondary education with a major in home economics and a minor in social studies - which would not explain why the majority of my teaching was in grade 3!

5.  I am a night owl.  It's nothing for me to start scrapbooking or baking cookies at 10 o'clock at night.  On the other hand, I'd rather stay in bed and read in the morning, which happens only rarely in real life.

6.  As babies all 4 of our children began sleeping through the night right around their first month birthday.  I have no idea what I did or didn't do to promote that habit but it was marvelous.  I don't think I really appreciated how amazing that was until our grandchildren arrived and they didn't do it!

So there you have it - everything you didn't know about me!

If you are reading this and you'd like to join in, please accept this invitation!  

6 comments:

  1. Fun list!

    I'm the same way about the dishwasher. I've actually been thinking about doing a scrapbook page about it. Tomorrow might be a good day to take a picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am starting to get a much better picture of who you are now. The cupboards? Mmmm - very good.

    Thank you for the invite -I rather think I might like to join in this one. I'll post in the next few days.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you wanted to learn to play the guitar. Mine is being able to still play the piano. I wish I kept up with it. Before our little one is born can you figure out how you got us to sleep through the night? I'd really like to know that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Crystal, thanks for the recipe. Is icing sugar the same thing as confectioners or powdered sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still wishing I knew how you got us to sleep through the night... sigh...

    love the list! i didn't know about the guitar either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog Crystal! I always love hearing about what you are up to.and....for Heather and Mel...the whole sleeping through the night...didn't happen with my first two kids but thanks to a book I read recommended from my sister in law Luke slept through at five weeks old and rarely ever gets up. It's called Babywise and is written by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam. I know....I was skeptical at first but it worked for me and two other of my friends that followed it. If you have any questions let me know! Crystal...please make sure you let Heather and Mel know that I wrote this on your blog. All I can say to you about your five kids sleeping through is you lucky duck!!!

    ReplyDelete