Monday, November 24, 2008

Simple Daybook #18




For Today... November 24, 2008



Outside my Window
... Helayna and I watched the sun come up but the chinook arch is keeping the bright sunlight hidden right now, temperature is +7 degrees Celsius

I am thinking... about all the things I should do around the house to help Heather before I leave for home tomorrow

I am thankful for... God listening to my fervent prayers

From the kitchen... Mexican Chicken with Green Mole' - from our cooking class

I am wearing... black jeans, green corduroy shirt, and slippers

I am reading... "November of the Heart" by LaVeryle Spencer

I am hoping... to get to the post office today

I am hearing... Helayna's Nursery Rhymes CD and her little voice singing :Humpty Dumpty"

I am creating... some gifts with my sewing machine

Around the house ... not sure what's happening at home - I'm thinking there are dirty dishes on the counter! Here at Heather's, we continue to run the washer and dryer non-stop, have floors to mop and bathrooms to wipe down.


One of my favorite things
... talking to Silas and watching him try to respond with cooing and smiling

A few plans for the rest of the week.... heading home tomorrow, subbing later this week and Bible study on Friday night

A picture thought I'd like to share with you . . . . . . . . . . . .



Helayna has this little Strawberry Shortcake book memorized and was reading to her brother last night - so, so sweet!!

Be sure to visit The Simple Woman to see what's up with the other participants!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having lots of fun with those two. I love that Helayna's reading to Silas, and that she has the whole book memorized. :) Give some hugs from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the name of your blog 'Be the Change You Want to See'.. it's perfect and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love reading your Daybook entries. I'm left feeling peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your daybook! Dinner sounded so yummy! I also loved your photo of your little girl. That's how I started to - by having my mom give me books to read.

    Thanks for stopping by my daybook and have an awesome Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading these lists! They are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete