Sunday, November 09, 2008

If Only . . .

- nachos and cheese had zero calories

- we could have all our kids home for Sunday suppers

- my sister and I could create and visit together every Saturday afternoon (like we did yesterday)

- the dishes, especially pots and pans, miraculously washed themselves

- airfare, fuel surcharges and airport taxes didn't add up to more than an arm and a leg

- universal healthcare was available around the globe

- I had 2 hours everyday to read

- Adobe Photoshop engraved itself into my memory

- I could host a blog party at my house and invite all my online friends to attend

- I could sit a spell with my grandmothers and hear some of their stories

- there were a Starbuck's within walking distance

- I could get together for a scrapbook weekend with my 3 girls

- I had learned to speak German from my parents

- I could make a living scrapbooking!

- our bedroom had a fireplace, wall-to-wall bookshelves and a rocking chair

- we could visit our Compassion-sponsored child in Brazil

- wishing made it so!!

As inspired by Karen Glen in this month's issue of Simple Scrapbooks - what would be on your list?

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love, love, love this list so much! If only... I had more time to blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! A blog party would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only the weekends had an extra 12 hours.
    If only someone would invent a magic slimming wand.
    If only 'Beam me up Scotty!' was a reality (then I could come over and meet all my new blogging friends).
    If only cigarette smoking became illegal.
    If only every single child in Australia was no longer living in poverty ( a silly promise made by one of our Prime Ministers).
    If only I had more will power
    (that Tim Tam looks ready to eat!!!)
    If only all the 'if only's' could come true.
    If only - indeed!

    Nice post - cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, Crystal and wouldn't a blog party be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunday supper with the kids would have to be at the top of my list too.....don't get near enough of them anymore!

    Loved reading your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely food for thought!! I will have to think on this for a while, I think my wish list changes with the day and mood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cool list! I may have to do this on my blog, but I think there may be too many "if only's"!

    ReplyDelete