Monday, October 13, 2008

Simple Daybook #13




For Today... October 13, 2008

Outside my Window... a grey autumn day with some breeze and the temperature at 10 degrees Celsius

I am thinking... about the good news we got from Tyler and Melinda

I am thankful for... the blessing of family and the opportunity to host Thanksgiving dinner for some of them yesterday

From the kitchen... leftovers!! Spareribs and sauerkraut for lunch, turkey casserole for supper, pumpkin pie with whipped cream and some yummy autumn breads too

I am wearing... black warmup pants, ivory sweatshirt with pumpkin scene on the front and crocs

I am reading... Three Cups of Tea (One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . Once School at a Time) by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

I am hoping... to have time to do some sewing later today

I am hearing... the sound of the grinder and the welder out at the shop where Bob is fixing something

I am creating... a layout called "Alike and Different" as the real world color challenge for week #2 in my Design Your Life class

Around the house and yard ... some chairs to carry back downstairs after seating 18 people for dinner, laundry to catch up on, wineglasses to wash and put back in the china cabinet, and some flies to chase down and eliminate!

One of my favorite things... leftovers after cooking a big dinner - some for us and some sent home with each of our kids

A few plans for the rest of the week....babysitting Meadow tomorrow, voting in the federal election, subbing on Wednesday, a financial seminar, pumpkin cookies to bake, a visit to Airdrie for a few days, and a Christmas letter to write to our Compassion sponsored child

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you. . . .



A tiny snippet of Thanksgiving decorating on my stairs.

Be sure to go over to The Simple Woman and visit some of the others participating this week.

Happy New Week to You!!

3 comments:

  1. Great daybook and I love your photo, beautiful pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your daybook entries Crystal. Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.
    What great news about Tyler!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Hubby is a transplant from Mississauga Ontario.....it was a treat to be reminded of Canadian Thanksgiving!
    God Bless your family!

    ReplyDelete