Friday, August 15, 2008

Thanksliving

This post could pretty much just be about fresh summer fruits but there's more than that to be thankful for this week.

1. Our own bed! After 10 days of sleeping in other places it's very nice to be back home.

2. A chance for visiting with my parents as we drove home from Kelowna.

3. Farmers who own orchards and share the fruits of their labours (at very reasonable prices) with the rest of us.




4. That Heather and Helayna are okay after taking a tumble down a few stairs yesterday.

5. A chance to catch up a bit on blog reading.

6. Dark red dahlias gracing the dining room table.

7. Travel games like Scrabble to wile away the long hours of driving. My sister rocks at this game - she gets like 30 or 40 points per word!




8. For tiny fresh yellow tomatoes eaten straight our of Bob's parents' garden. They are amazing gardeners!!

I'm up to my armpits in sugar, peach pits and canning paraphernalia today! Back later!

5 comments:

  1. Great list and great to hear your home safe and sound. I'm sure G&G were happy to get to the Okanagan and have a little vacation with you. Enjoy all the fresh goodies. I bought a few fresh herbs and have a little garden on my balcony. Happy canning. I'm sure the results will be well worth the time. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful break!
    I was thinking of you the other day and wondering if you are you heading back to school this Fall or are you permanently retired now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just see you sorting all the fruit and canning and freezing etc.
    I am so glad to hear that Helayna and Heather are ok - I saw that she had had a tumble on her blog today too. Not long to go before your next grandbaby arrives now! How exciting!
    It is great to hear you are home and happy and have had a wonderful time on the coast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, all that fruit looks amazing! Lot's of work, but oh, so yummy! Brings back memories of when I was young and we would go to the Okanagan every year and pick cherries and apricots. Yum!

    ReplyDelete