Sunday, June 08, 2008

In Song

I am home, tired but filled with the Word, the bread of life and messages from bishops and theologians to hold in my heart and share by my actions in the days ahead. This has been a retreat of sorts for me - a time to be taught and nourished by God's word and His people. Here are a few images from our last day together.



Ready for the processional and worship to begin.



The convention choir sang a Zulu hymn that had neat dance actions. They only had 3 half hour practises!




This is the National Bishop just before service started as we began to gather for morning worship. I love how she's tapping her foot to the hymn Holy, Holy, Holy.

We sang so many marvelous songs during this convention. Some were old favourites and some were new but so beautiful that they are new favourites now. I leave you with these 2 verses from one - I wish you could hear the music too.

Will You Come and Follow Me(The Summons)
Will you come and follow me if I but call your name?
Will you go where you don't know and never be the same?
Will you let my love be shown, will you let my name be known,
Will you let my life be grown in you and you in me?

Lord, your summons echoes true when you but call my name.
Let me turn and follow you and never be the same.
In your company I'll go where your love and footsteps show.
Thus I'll move and live and grow in you and you in me.

Text - John L. Bell, Traditional Scottish Music

No comments:

Post a Comment