Wednesday, February 13, 2008

An Amazing Thing

Linds at Rocking Chair Reflections posted about an amazing trip to Uganda that a group of bloggers is taking with Compassion, an organization dedicated to helping children around the world. You must go over and visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer and Sophie at Boomama to hear about this absolutely inspiring project. I spent a good part of this afternoon with tears in my eyes as I read about their trip. And I sincerely believe that God put this post on my radar today for a very good reason. So now I'm thanking God for everything that I have, promising not to take any of it for granted and praying that I might be part of making a difference for a little one and a family in another part of the world.

Ugandabanner

">


Please go and read about this trip and check out the opportunities to be involved. God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for spreading the news. I am waiting to select a child to sponsor. My son and I will be doing that this weekend, and I am so excited about it! I have been blown out of the water by all the posts. If you haven't yet, go to the Compassion site and read Carlos's blog and watch his videos. Absolutely awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is an amazing thing. It always seems like such a difficult thing to do, but once you start you don't even notice the money removed from your account. It's such a small thing we can do to have such a big impact on someone else's life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!! I'm so excited every time I read about someone deciding to sponsor.

    I've met both my sponsored kids and there's not a doubt in my mind it's changing their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a BEAUTIFUL heart you have! xoxo
    Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Love ya,
    K

    ReplyDelete