On the last day of the year, here are my reflections on what I am grateful for this week.
1. Time, glorious time - to enjoy family, the celebrations, the preparing and the resting!!!
2. Our parents (all 4 of them) who still live in their own homes and have clear minds, a sense of humour and a keen interest in people and the world around them.
3. Games that challenge one to think, remember and strategize! We've played Chinese crib, Jack Attack (also known as Sequence), Buzzword and 2500 (a card game) over the last few weeks.
4. Phone and email to stay connected with those far away and with new friends via blogland.
5. An abundance of fresh food, prepared with love in tasty and imaginative ways.
6. Fresh flowers in the midst of winter. Red poinsettias and red tulips with white mini mums graced our home this season. (And I forgot to take a picture until they were already wilting.)
7. Gifts and special packages like new cameras, scrapbooking supplies, gift certificates, tickets, books, clothes and chocolate!
8. Good health - for all those we love, including granddaughters, parents, friends, and our children. This is Helayna and Meadow last Christmas - my, how much they have changed and grown. God is so good!