Friday, December 21, 2007

Image of the Day

Day 21



For many years I've been part of an annual cookie exchange with some of the staff at school. And even though I'm on leave this year, they invited me to participate (I think they just wanted my poppycock!!) and I was happy to be included. So I took 10 bags of poppycock and came home with 10 other treats - good deal!! Now you can find everything from Shortbread to Chocolate Chip Cookies to Carrot Loaf to Chocolate Peanut Clusters in my cookie tins. The best part of course was seeing everyone and catching up on some visiting. Thanks, My Friends!!

Down Memory Lane - I remember the very first cookie exchange I ever participated in probably 25 years ago. It was arranged by my sister-in-law Rose and another friend, Linda (who has since passed away). There were about 15 or 18 people in it and I made Honey Cookies. It was a lot of cookies to bake with 4 little ones in our home that year! I wish I had a picture of that one!

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, those little packages look yummy! I love the wrapping you used!
    Can you believe you first started 25 years ago?! Those cookies were definitely made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best part of Christmas, in a way....makign and sharing things between friends. I am about to start bagging my biscuits I have made to give away, and I love seeing them all wrapped, knowing people will love them. And pop over and see what happened here yesterday. I am still orbitting the earth!
    Merry Christmas, my friend! Have a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd invite you back too - poppycock is yummy. *S* Love how you packaged it too!

    Have a great Christmas with all your kids and grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone who has tasted your poppycock can't get enough of it. That's a compliment!! I'm glad you were able to visit with friends and enjoy time at school (without the homework, marking or concerts).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your school cookie exchange sounds really fun.

    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete