Friday, August 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad



Happy 75th Birthday to my Dad! We are so blessed that he continues to enjoy good health, the farm he lives on, his kids, grandkids and great-grandkids, community events and more traveling than ever. This is the message (using 7 qualities)that I wrote inside the card I made for him:
I admire
Your faith and trust in God
The kind way you encourage others
Your hard work and committment to being an excellent farmer
Your forward thinking and planning for the future
Your love of children and the time you spend with them
The attitude of giving your best effort that you instilled in us
Your appreciation of quality service, food and mechanics

Pretty much sums him up and helps me to see so much of him in his 5 kids and 12 grandkids. He wanted to have a weiner roast for his siblings and family so we celebrated last weekend. It was a good party for a good man.



My Mom and Dad - I think it's pretty cool that their birthdays are side by side in
August and 364 days seperate their ages!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Grandpa! I'm so glad we got to join in the celebrations last weekend!
    What a blessing it is for us to still have all of our grandparents in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just full of birthday celebrations. How wonderful for your family and a Very Happy Birthday to your Dad!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents' birthdays were 2 years and 4 days apart, both in August, also.

    Happy Birthday to your dad. You're blessed to still have them both.

    ReplyDelete