Monday, March 05, 2007

Sewing Seeds

I found THE most amazing project for girls in Africa! Check Randi's blog to read about something she's doing with her daughter. You can get involved too - come join us!



I was going to get 2 pieces of fabric to go with some that I had on hand - but, well, there was this great sale on! So I ended up with several pieces instead! I loved all of these and I have some grand plans for a couple of mix and match skirts too. So I preshrunk the fabric tonight but the cutting will have to wait until the weekend. I can hardly wait to start stitching!

3 comments:

  1. What a GREAt thing you are doing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:05 PM

    What a fantastic idea!! But totally out of my "league"... Sometimes, I can barely sew on paper!! Way to go Crystal!!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really great, Mom! I checked out the website, and it made my heart sing to see people share what we have been so blessed with. The girls will be ecstatic about their skirts and the thoughtfulness of the people who made them. It's really amazing to see the faces of those who have received a gift from someone far away, not because they earned, but because someone gave of their time, energy and resources to share with them. One person can make an enormous difference in the lives of others whether in Canada or Africa.

    ReplyDelete