Monday, February 12, 2007

Adjustment time

It's a huge change to go from +10 degrees one day to -25 degrees the next!! Oh, my - I'm freezing again. Why did we come home to Alberta???? We should have just continued on our way to the Island and points warm. This is going to take some getting used to again.

We spent a little time wandering around Granville Island (my first visit) taking pictures of signs and people outside. Good stuff! Next time I'm going inside some of the studios and artisans shops - everything was so colorful and artistic. I had fun with the camera - here is a little sample of what we saw.



This cute little aqua bus was ferrying people from one side of the harbour to the other. I adjusted the color in this picture using the curves adjustment in Photoshop. Thanks to Karen Russell, an amazing scrapbook designer in the States, for the instructions.




This big statue was outside the gelato store - made me think of Bob and his love of ice cream!




We found a little guy feeding the pigeons and he shared his seeds with Bob so they could both feed the birds from their hands. He was so sweet! I can just imagine doing this with Meadow and Helayna in a few years.

3 comments:

  1. We're adjusting to the change, too. France was so great, and now we have to adjust to Poland again. Mind you, it's easier to adjust to the price of things in Poland than Paris. I'm glad you had such a great trip, and did some fun sight-seeing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun! Love those photos.

    ReplyDelete