Saturday, January 20, 2007

Coming Down

I guess it's finally time for the Christmas tree to come down! It's been up for a month now and as much as I like it in the corner of the living room with all the lights on at night, I guess all good things have to come to an end! It's always nostalgic to reminisce about the fun we had putting it up - Mel and Tyler helped this year and Tyler makes everything fun when he's around. We have so many beautiful ornaments that have come from friends (especially DonaMae who adds another one to our collection every year - thanks!), family and our travels. So it's all going back in the boxes for the next 11 months. That doesn't even sound like that long, does it??!!

During the Christmas holidays I created this layout and I'm feeling inspired to go back into my studio and get some projects going again. I think Mel and Heather are motivating me and Na gave me some pictures of Meadow so I certainly have things to create with. I have lots of ideas racing around in my head but they don't seem to be jumping onto pages! Time to do something about that and the weekend's the perfect time to start. I hope you're able to do some creating and playing this weekend too!



Taken near Whitecourt

The quad crew

and



Jill and Elisha on their horses

I love the way the trees frame both of these pictures!

5 comments:

  1. Great LOs Crystal and I really love the colours.

    It is not as fun taking down the tree and decorations as it is putting them up.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate taking down the Christmas tree and lights, too. But, soon Valentine's Day and all the rest come along. Happy creating. It's been nice to get back at it again, and let my imagination work. Post some pics of what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Crystal...and I will share a *secret* with you. The first year Ron and I had an artificial tree, I made him keep it up until the end of February! I love the lights on trees and the decoration. Now we usually have an artificial tree, so it doesn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both layouts! The colors are perfect for both!

    Don't like taking Christmas down either, I spend a long time getting ready, and then only takes a short time for it all to end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYAYAYAY!!! I'm so glad you got to create! The papers are so perfect with those photos and I love the title! :)
    I got to scrap this weekend too! YAY! I'll share soon.

    ReplyDelete