Sunday, October 29, 2006

Winter's Arrived in Alberta

It started snowing on Friday night and it's pretty much turned into this snowy, cold nightmare! I was out last night and took over 2 hours to drive home from 115 km away. But I arrived home safely which is the most important thing. And I bought myself this gorgeous quilted Christmas wall hanging, which I will show you soon.

I knew you would want to see a few more pictures of the very sweet Helayna! These were taken when she was just 1 day old. Kelsey and Darrin went to visit her today and sent us some new pictures and she looks so much older already! How can they change in just 5 days??? Bob was going to have an apple and Jonathan encouraged him to pose with this picture so you would get an idea about the perspective of her size.

Daylight saving time ended - winter's here - Halloween is this week (tomorrow night's job is the costume details) - PD Day - it's going to be a full week.

Drive carefully, wherever you live!! I know I'll have to start out extra early tomorrow morning.

7 comments:

  1. She's so sweet. Those pictures are great. I love her hair! I can't believe it's already snowing. Will kids be wearing jackets with their costumes? It's cold here, but only zero when we left at 9am. No snow, but I'm sure it's coming soon. I guess the snow means Christmas is coming, and we'll be there soon. Yahoo! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful.. and tiny! What a sweet baby!!
    Can't believe its snowing there already... I'm sure its coming here ... it was only 3C last night (around 9pm.. so probably went down to 0C overnight!!)

    It seems like its cold awfully fast this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so tiny - love that you took the photo with the apple so we could see! I can't believe how much hair she has! What a little sweetie! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:59 AM

    She is so tiny with so much gorgeous hair. What a sweetie pie! Thanks for keeping us posted and for the lovely photos of your beautiful new grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is sooooo tiny!!! I can't believe how small she is. So glad you got home safely - I know the roads out here were pretty rough in places too. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, she has changed already!
    Isn't this cold weather awful?? Who knows though, we could have another brown Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe!!! WOW that apple really does show how tiny she is. Sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete