Saturday, September 16, 2006

This Week at School

It was rainy for the last 2 days of this week so the kids were confined indoors during recess time. I love watching how they can entertain themselves with just a few game pieces or building blocks. They really do love to do stuff together, especially if it means they can visit!!


Have you ever noticed that the old games of Snakes and Ladders, Old Maid or dominoes are completely new to lots of kids?! Sometimes I want to tell families to step away from the TV!! There's a whole other world out there that you could be enjoying together.


Next week we are into serious working times in math and reading. It's been fun getting to know everyone and I have more diversity in levels than ever before but we'll have fun learning together. Today after school we set up the Mission Impossible obstacle course for phys ed classes for the next few weeks. I know the kids will be excited to see it on Monday!!

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how such simple games can be so entertaining, eh?! You're right though, step away from the TV, video games and computer games! I'm sure our kids will feel SO deprived when we make them play outside instead of watching TV. Some of my best memories growing up are being outside, playing games, dressing up the cats, etc. I don't think I can remember 1 TV episode I watched. Anyway....
    I hope this year goes well and I hope the diversity in learning abilites/ranges will cause all the kids to learn and grow and be a positive experience. I'll be thinking about you as you teach this year.
    TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. Although I do find myself sitting the kids in front of the TV a little bit. A good reminder for me. He loves game but he wants me to play too which doesn't get house work done. So far he can do the matching games himself so that is good.

    ReplyDelete