Saturday, September 09, 2006

This Week at School

We made it through the first week - both the students and I!! My class has 21 students this year, 9 girls and 12 boys. They are happy to be back with their friends, as evidenced by the amount of visiting they like to do! The weather has been hot so by the middle of the afternoon, everyone's tired but we have perservered and are moving along. The best part of the day, according to them, is recess of course (wasn't that how it was when you went to school too!). We have 4 new students in our class and I think it's going to be alot of fun in grade 3 this year. I definitely have some planning and homework to do this weekend.

There are about 25 new students in the school and yesterday we added another half time kindergarten class which meant moving all the art and science supplies out of the one empty classroom we had and setting that up for kindergarten. I'm glad I'm not that teacher - she's got a busy weekend ahead of her!

Meadow and Naomi came to visit me one day after school which was wonderful! Everyone on staff got to meet her and ooh and aah! I hope she'll come again soon so the kids can meet her!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy first week of school! Good to hear that your class is such a great mix. Ethan is in a 2/3 split and there are only 19 kids - 10 Gr 3 and 9 Gr 2. I am really pleased with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how grown up Meadow is already! I love her dress!
    Good luck in Gr. 3 this year! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with your new students.

    LOL on Meadow and her sock that came off. I remember at that stage no socks stay on until there were shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, I love her little dress and your outfit too!!!! I hope this is an amazing year for both the kids and for you!

    ReplyDelete