Monday, September 11, 2006

Then and Now


The inspiration for this layout came from some other work, that I saw (but can't remember where?) this summer, featuring old photographs. The little square picture is 50 years old - can you believe that??!! My brother was just a few months old there and he turned 50 in June. I really wanted to create a page based on the theme of then and now so in August I managed to get another picture taken with the 2 of us and I was set. The papers are out of the August kit from S! and the title is handcut. There is a tag (with Maya Road ribbon on it) under the big picture explaining the significance of the page and some things I admire about my brother, Del. I machine stitched around each flower for added texture. I am so happy that I created this!!

6 comments:

  1. I love that you used that old photo on this layout! It's awesome! The ribbon matches perfectly! Great layout! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Crystal!!!! Love the then and now. (I saw that somewhere recently too and can't remember where either....)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout, Crystal! I scrapped 2 photos - an old photo of my sisters and I, back when I was a few weeks old, and a photo from my wedding day, with us in the same order!! I thought it was pretty coincidental!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal this layout is fabulous, I totally love the colors and how msculine they are which is perfect as a tribute to your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous layout Crystal!! I clicked on it to make it larger(bad eyes :) and wow it is even more fantastic up close! I love all the little finishing details like the stitching! great photos too! love seeing you get to scrap stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:24 AM

    What a gorgeous LO Crystal. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete