Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Roof Over Our Heads


The roof project got this far and it looks awesome!! The other side of the house is next and then the fascia will be replaced with colonial red trim. We are loving the look already! The 2 domes are solar tubes that were installed to bring more light into our dining area. They brighten things up a whole lot but were tricky for the guys to install. Thank goodness for sons, son-in-laws, friends and family who helped us with this weekend project. The weather was cooland breezy on Saturday which was great for the guys on the roof. Today was hotter and the tar on the shingles was even melting. I even crawled up last night to lend a hand - now I know what birds feel like. Can you believe that it's the first time in 28 years I was up on the roof?? Life brings something new every day!! Hope you had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I'll have to email you the photos I took of you up on the roof! It looks SO good! I'm glad it's finally happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic, Crystal! I can't believe you got up there!!! Heather, I wanna see those photos!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so great. Finally, after all this time. You're going to love it, and the solar lights will be great in the dining room. Can't wait to see that in person. And the Alberta sky looks so blue. We miss the wide spaces. Soon, though, very soon.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. I really would like to put some of those solar tubes in too. So nice to get things done and then not have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete