Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Photography Tuesday

Shapes, reflections and looking up today! I took this picture on Sunday when Bob and Darrin were installing a solar tube in our kitchen ceiling. I think it's cool how the camera metered the light coming in from outside and down the reflective tube. Can you tell where the guys start and the reflection ends?! I think this is the kind of picture that goes on the back page of a magazine and they ask you to identify the object! I'm challenging myself to find more reflections in the week ahead. Hopefully it will be easy - we are going quadding this weekend!

And our visas for China came today - it's getting very real! Only 16 more sleeps, I think! But first I have a very busy weekend, 17 report cards and a crazy last week of school to survive. I'm coming online for peace and sanity!!

7 comments:

  1. Crystal that is SO SO cool! what an amazing photo!! I am going to keep my eyes open for something for your challenge!!
    You must be so excited abotu your trip! (almost as much as your daughter I imagine!) I hope you have a WONDERFUL time! And get all the report cards done quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool shot! I can imagine that you must be toooo excited to leave. Cannot wait to see photos and hear all about it when you get back. Gonna miss seeing you around for the next while girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, that is such a COOL photo!!!! I love it! So is your kitchen a lot brighter now?!?!
    I'm so glad your visas arrived. Before you know it, school will be a distant memory and you'll be walking along the Great Wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooooooo cool! Great idea to try! HAve fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so excited the visas came. I can't believe it's coming so quickly. It's almost one year since I last you and Dad, and gave you hugs.
    Enjoy that last bittersweet week of school. I've seen a few students around, and gotten a few emails. It's great to hear from them, and not have to worry about what do to with them the next day. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very cool photo. Will have to look for reflections now.

    How exciting is it that you are going to China. The Great Wall is a must see but make sure to bring running shoes with good grip (those stairs are really slippery a thousand years of people walking on them).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stinking COOL photo, lady!!!!!

    ReplyDelete